Choosing a REALTOR®
How choosing the best Realtor for you can make the difference. This agent will prepare, present, price, and market your home well, giving you the chance at a multiple offers and a quick sale for top dollar, giving you more money at the end, even more than if you sold it yourself, covering the sales costs, and without all the headaches or legal concerns.
Please Contact Us if you have any questions or comments.
How to Pick your REALTOR®:
- Are they knowledgeable & competent to you? How long have they been an agent? Are they full-time or part-time?
- Are they offering a free pre-listing home inspection by a licensed home inspector?
- Should your home need any repairs before listing it, do they have relationships in place to get you discounted rates with contractors, painters, electricians, plumbers, roofers, etc?
- Do they offer a RESA certified home stager, or will they enlist the help of one? If so, is it free?
- Do they hire a professional photographer to photograph your home? If so, is there any extra fee for this?
- Did their market evaluation appear thorough? Were the comparable properties similar enough to your home to adequately gauge your home’s market value?
- Do you agree with the price they’re advising? Does it appear as though they’re trying to ‘buy your listing’ by giving you a price too high, or only after a quick/easy sale by giving you a price too low?
- Do they effectively utilize social media (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest)? Do they actually do paid advertising campaigns, or simply post your listings for a few friends/followers to see?
- Do they submit your listing to online classified websites such as Kijiji?
- Do they utilize Google AdWords to further market your home around the Internet, or ensure it appears at the top of search results?
- Will they do open houses? How often?
- Are they backed by a large brokerage with local and national reach?
- Do they offer any incentives to potential buyers trying to decide between your home and another, such as a free home inspection or satisfaction guarantee?
- Do they have any additional fees?
- Do they let you choose the commission to offer buyer agents?
- Do they offer a discounted commission should they find their own buyer for your home (represent you and the buyer)?
- If you’re not happy with their services, what type of cancellation policy do they have?